In May, Hyosung Motor Japan will release the GV125S, a 125 bobber equipped with a liquid-cooled V-twin.
The "GV125S," unveiled at the 2017 Milan Show, is an all-new model developed as part of a project to transition Hjorthorn's main lineup to the GV series of cruisers. As the successor to the previous "GV125C" with a completely new engine and design, its launch in Japan was closely watched. After prior sales in Europe, the 2021 model will be the long-awaited arrival in Japan with improved engine performance and updated to comply with the new EURO 5 regulations.
With its bobber-style low center of gravity, lightweight and sufficient power for safe handling, and easy ownership, this full-fledged cruiser for mopeds offers an easy and enjoyable motorcycle life for a wide range of riders, from entry-level to experienced.
Standard price: 490,000 yen (excluding consumption tax)
Features and main equipment
- The power unit is a liquid-cooled 60° V-twin engine developed exclusively for the new GV series. Based on the V-twin know-how cultivated over many years, it has been designed with power characteristics suitable for cruisers and compliance with new regulations. The V-twin engine is powerful beyond its class and delivers the heartbeat and sound that only a V-twin can deliver.
- The compact SOHC valve system was selected over the conventional DOHC system, with 3 valves per cylinder (IN2 & EX1). The beauty of the cylinder head, painted in dark silver with cooling fins, accentuates the presence of the V-twin.
- A new MONO block (made of high silicon content aluminum without plating) is used for the cylinder. This improves power output through better cooling, increases durability, and reduces exhaust emissions.
- This 2021 model complies with the new EURO5 emission regulation.
- Low and long body with flat handlebar style. Matte blacked-out parts give it a rugged look.
- The teardrop tank, which is also a feature of the silhouette, has a sufficient capacity of 12.5 liters despite its reduced size.
- The seat is made of suede fabric for a classic look and feel. The slim, low seat in the front provides good legroom and a relaxed riding position. Can be optionally replaced with a single seat.
- The handlebar is made of aluminum tapered bar (φ28.6mm), which has excellent rigidity and moderate smoothness that is effective in reducing vibration.
- The instrument panel with an analogue tachometer has an additional gear position indicator on the LCD display.
- The 16-inch front and 15-inch rear wheels are fitted with fat tires with thick grooves that allow for dirt driving. It has both an imposing and stable ride and straightforward handling that takes advantage of the lightness of the body.
- The front and rear disc brake systems are equipped with CBS, which activates the front brakes simultaneously when the rear brake pedal is operated.
- The lineup includes a wide variety of custom parts (options) such as standard items for cruisers and dress-up parts. Single seats, luggage carriers, saddlebags, engine guards, forward steps, headlight covers, etc.
Overall Length x Overall Width x Overall Height: 2,080 mm x 750 mm x 1,050 mm
Wheelbase: 1,425 mm
Minimum ground clearance: 175mm
Seat height: 710mm
Gross vehicle weight: 165kg
Fuel tank capacity: 12.5L
Engine type: Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 60° V-twin
Valve system: SOHC 6 valves
Total displacement: 124.7cc
Bore x Stroke: 42.0 mm x 45.0 mm
Compression ratio: 12.35 : 1
Maximum power: 9.9kW (13.5ps) @ 10,250RPM
Maximum torque: 10.17Nm (1.037kgf.m) @ 9,250RPM
Fuel supply system: Fuel injection
Starting system: Electric starter
Lubrication system: Wet sump
Engine oil capacity: 1.4L
Fuel used: Regular
Clutch Type: Wet Multi-Disc
Transmission type: 5-speed return
Final Drive: Chain
Primary/Secondary reduction ratio: 3.50 / 3.64
Gear ratio 1st/ 2nd/3rd/4th/5th: 2.75 / 1.79 / 1.37 / 1.05 / 0.91
Frame Style: Double Cradle
Caster/Trail: 29°/ 103.6mm
Suspension system: Front telescopic forks (35mm diameter upright)
Suspension Type: Rear Swingarm (Twin Shock)
Brake system Front: ø270mm single disc pin slide 3POT caliper (CBS)
Brake system Rear: ø250mm single disc opposed 1POT caliper (CBS)
Tire size Front: 120/80-16
Tire size Rear: 150/80-15
Body color: Matte black
Original Source [ HYOSUNG MOTORS JAPAN ]