TRIUMPH Motorcycles Japan announced the new SPEED TRIPLE 1200 RS on January 26, 2020. The new model will be released in early April at a recommended retail price of 1,999,000 yen (including tax). Pre-orders will be accepted from January 27 (Wed).
The all-new Speed Triple 1200 RS has been designed from the ground up to deliver the ultimate performance naked sport ride and is an absolute revolution in power, performance, handling, and technology over the previous Speed Triple.
SPEED TRIPLE 1200 RS
Matt Silver Ice
Power and Performance Innovation
- The Speed Triple is the most powerful and fastest accelerator ever.
- The latest triple engine with displacement raised to 1,160cc
- Maximum output 180PS (30PS improvement over the previous generation model)
- Maximum torque of 125 Nm (8 Nm more than the previous generation model)
- Responsive engine with 650 rpm higher maximum engine speed and 12% less inertia
- Great sound with new intake and exhaust
Innovation in agility, handling, and accuracy
- The Speed Triple boasts the most agile, precise, and dynamic handling ever.
- Weight reduction of -10kg to 198kg
- The latest chassis with centralized mass
- Narrower and more controllable riding position
- Track-specification equipment, including the following:
Performance-tuned OHLINS fully adjustable suspension
RACETEC RR tires from Metzeler
Brembo Stylema Brakes
Innovation in Technology
- The sleekest, sharpest, most technologically advanced Speed Triple to date
- Optimized cornering ABS and switchable cornering traction control (with IMU)
- Latest-model 5-inch TFT display
- Five riding modes, including an improved Track mode
- New TRIUMPH Shift Assist, Shift Up/Downshift Quickshifter
- Distinctive new full LED lights
- New full keyless system
- My TRIUMPH connectivity system as standard
Innovation in styling
- Muscular, well-balanced, and attractive.
- Lean, clean, sharp lines.
- Clear design DNA that identifies it as a Speed Triple
- Striking new dynamic headlights and taillights
Original Source [ TRIUMPH Motorcycles Japan ]