HONDA has fully remodeled its large sports models, the NC750X and NC750X Dual Clutch Transmission, which have been well received by a wide range of users for having a 745cc inline two-cylinder engine with powerful torque characteristics that is easy to handle and offers excellent fuel economy, low center of gravity body packaging that is easy to maneuver, and user-friendly luggage storage, and it will be released on February 25 (Thursday).
The fully remodeled NC750X with Manual Transmission and the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) version of the NC750X Dual Clutch Transmission is equipped with a newly designed frame and a power unit with improved dynamic performance based on the development concept of "CROSSOVER URBAN TRANSPORTER for an even more active lifestyle" in order to achieve a high level of compatibility between the fun of touring and the ease of use in daily life. The new model features advanced electronic control technology for sporty driving and easy handling, as well as a new styling that emphasizes a more active image.
The power unit's newly designed pistons are lighter, and the intake and exhaust systems have been revised with a new air cleaner structure and a new exhaust chamber shape. In addition, the new Throttle By Wire (TBW) system has been adopted as an electronic control technology to support the rider and features a riding mode that allows the rider to select any riding feeling according to their preference and various situations. The manual transmission version also features a new assisted slipper clutch that contributes to comfort by reducing the operational load on the clutch lever.
The newly-designed frame is lighter to accommodate the improved dynamic performance, and contributes to improved convenience by increasing the capacity of the luggage compartment while achieving more nimble driving performance. The styling expresses the nimbleness and activity of Honda's latest crossover model, including the shape and layered structure of the exterior components that accentuate the front suspension.
Manufacturer's suggested retail price: 924,000 yen (including consumption tax)
Grand Prix Red
Pearl Glare White
Matte Ballistic Black Metallic
NC750X Dual Clutch Transmission
Manufacturer's suggested retail price: 990,000 yen (including consumption tax)
Grand Prix Red
Pearl Glare White
Matte Ballistic Black Metallic
- The weight of the engine alone has been reduced by removing the meat from the back of the piston, optimizing the weight of the crankshaft counterweight, and reviewing the balancer shaft diameter.
- The air cleaner has been newly designed and the intake duct opening has been moved to the side of the vehicle. In addition, the intake duct cross-sectional area has been enlarged to reduce air intake resistance, and the throttle bore diameter has been increased to achieve maximum output and a stronger engine feel.
- The shape of the exhaust chamber has been optimized to improve the rectifying effect of the exhaust, and the catalyzer, which uses a highly efficient precious metal catalyst, has been downsized. While complying with 2020 emission regulations, the new model achieves improved power output and weight reduction.
- The total ratio, which is a combination of the reduction ratio and gear ratio, has been lowered compared to the previous model in the second to fourth gears of the manual transmission version and the first to fourth gears of the DCT version to achieve a powerful and nimble ride in urban areas.
- The clutch of the manual transmission version features a new assisted slipper clutch that reduces the load on the clutch lever and reduces rear wheel hopping caused by sudden engine braking when downshifting.
Body / Suspension
- The newly-designed frame has been lightened by adjusting the thickness of each part while accommodating the improved dynamic performance, and the luggage space capacity has been increased to 23 liters by reviewing the layout of the battery and other components, further improving usability in everyday use.
- The upright riding position and good footing are maintained, while the front and rear suspension settings have been changed to ensure a more supple and comfortable ride.
Control / Electrical
- The new throttle-by-wire system (TBW) converts the rider's throttle grip operation into electrical signals to control the throttle valve opening. By combining each control level, including engine output, Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC)*1, engine braking, and in the DCT specification, shift schedule when AT mode is selected, the rider can select any desired riding feeling in various situations. Riding mode is equipped.
- The newly designed LCD meter features additional display information such as battery voltage and average vehicle speed, making it even easier to use in a wide range of situations, from everyday use to touring applications.
*1 Honda Selectable Torque Control is not a system designed to eliminate slipping. It is only a system that assists the rider's accelerator operation. Therefore, as with vehicles that are not equipped with Honda Selectable Torque Control, the system does not allow for unreasonable driving.
Styling / Color variations
- In order to express the evolution of dynamic performance through weight reduction and the increase in maximum power output through the styling, the exterior parts have been shaped to make the front suspension stand out more, and a layered structure has been adopted to create a sense of lightness. In addition, the upper front side of the vehicle has been given a lumpy appearance to give it an even more active feeling.
- The seats feature different textured upholstery on the top, left, and right sides, and the car's name logo is placed on the right side to express a sporty impression and high quality.
- Three color variations are available: the active Grand Prix Red, the sophisticated Pearl Glare White, and the tough and dignified Matte Ballistic Black Metallic.
|Common name||NC750X||NC750X Dual Clutch Transmission|
|Model name and type||Honda - 8BL-RH09|
|Length x Width x Height (mm)||2,210 x 845 x 1,330|
|Distance (mm)||1,525||One thousand five hundred and thirty-five.|
|Minimum ground clearance (mm)★||140|
|Seat height (mm)★||800|
|Vehicle weight (kg)||214||224|
|Seating capacity (persons)||2|
|Fuel Consumption Rate *2（km/(L)||Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism|
Constant Fuel Consumption Rate *3(km/h)
|WMTC Mode Value★ |
|28.6 (Class 3-2)|
|Minimum turning radius (m)||3.0|
|Engine model and type||RH09E - Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, OHC, 4-valve, in-line 2-cylinder|
|Total displacement (cm3)||745|
|Bore and stroke (mm)||77.0 x 80.0|
|Compression ratio ★||10.7|
|Maximum power (kW)[PS]/rpm)||43/6,750|
|Maximum torque (N.m)[kgf-m]/rpm)||69[7.0]/4,750|
|Fuel supply system type||Electronically controlled fuel injection system (PGM-FI)|
|Starting system ★||Electric|
|Ignition device type ★||Full transistorized battery ignition|
|Lubrication method||Pressure Spray Type|
|Fuel tank capacity (L)||14|
|Clutch type ★||Wet-type multi-disc coil spring|
|Transmission type||Constantly engaging 6-stage return||Electronic six-speed transmission (DCT)|
|Reduction ratio (Primary★/Secondary)||1.731/2.687||1.921/2.411|
|Caster angle (degree)★/Trail amount (mm)||27°00´./110|
|Rear||Swingarm type (Pro-Link)|
- Type designation application figures according to the Road Trucking Vehicle Law (items marked with * are Honda's published specifications)
- Manufacturer: Honda Motor Co.
*2 The fuel consumption rate is a value under the specified test conditions. They vary depending on various conditions such as the customer's operating environment (weather, traffic congestion, etc.), driving method, vehicle condition (equipment and specifications), and maintenance status.
*3 Local fuel consumption values are fuel consumption rates based on actual measurements at constant vehicle speed.
*4 The WMTC mode value is a calculated value based on the results of emission tests conducted in the international standard driving mode, which includes starting, accelerating, and stopping. Driving mode classes are classified according to displacement and maximum speed.
Original Source [ HONDA ]